Monday, March 26, 2012

Fantasy Book Cover

So I participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and I was able to churn out a 56,000 word story in about a month.  It was an adrenaline pumping experience to say the least.  After many sleepless nights and twisted metaphors later, I had a primordial novel in my hands.  I am hoping to release it sometime this year, but with so many twists and turns to getting a novel out, I'm not sure exactly when it will be done.  However, I did have a breakthrough recently: the artist I hired to draw the cover is just about done, and I wanted to have you guys look at it and tell me what you think.  I know, it has nothing to do with Go, but hey, I didn't think you would mind.

Cool eh?  The book is aimed at young adults and I thought featuring the four main characters on the cover would make it eye catching.  The text on the right needs to be darker so you can read it, but other than that, I really like this.  The story is based off a Dungeons and Dragons campaign I played with a group of friends some summers back.  Four adventurers embark on a journey to the isle of Arenfel, a newly opened colony of the kingdom of Alterone, after receiving a letter from the mayor of the colony.  There, they are flung in the middle of an ancient conflict and uncover the origins of their own civilization.  It was a lot of fun to write and I think the story overall is fairly good, at least good enough for a lazy afternoon.  I may expand the story or I may not, but at least I have a cover so I can start getting the word out that the book will be ready.  So, what do you think?
comments